The brand domain is the part of a domain between the subdomain and the top-level domain. If you rebrand your company, or your company is acquired, you can replace your brand domain in the domain manager to update your hosted content. With the brand domain add-on, Marketing Hub Enterprise users can host and manage content for two or more distinct brands.
Before you get started
These steps are to replace your brand domain only. If you're replacing your brand domain and subdomain or top-level domain (e.g. changing blog.taco.com to blog.burrito.org), then complete the following steps in this order:
- Connect your new domain as a redirect domain.
- Replace your brand domain.
- Replace your primary domain (to update the subdomain or top-level domain).
What happens when you replace a brand domain in HubSpot
When you replace your brand domain, all primary and secondary subdomains connected in your account will update with the new brand domain in between all existing subdomains and the top-level domains. For example, if you replace the brand domain "hubspot" with "inbound", www.hubspot.com and blog.hubspot.com will update to www.inbound.com and blog.inbound.com in the domain manager.
Replace your brand domain
When your brand domain is replaced in the domain manager, your existing content will move to the new brand domain's connected subdomains. Any custom analytics views created using the old brand domain will be deleted from your account.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Domains & URLs.
- Connect your new domain (and brand domain) as a redirect domain. You'll need to connect the new domain as a redirect domain first before replacing your brand domain.
- At the bottom of the domain manager, click to expand your Advanced options.
- Click Replace brand domain.
- On the next screen, click the Brand domain to be replaced dropdown menu and select a brand domain.
- Click the New brand domain dropdown menu and select the new brand domain.
Please note: if you haven't connected the new brand domain as a redirecting domain, you will not see it listed in the dropdown menu.
- Click Next.
- On the next screen, click Connect domain for any new domains that are not connected.
- Once your new domains are connected, click Replace brand domain. If you are waiting for the DNS changes to propagate, or you don't want to connect these domains even though this content will no longer be publicly accessible, select the checkbox in the alert before clicking Replace brand domain.
If you are an Marketing Hub Enterprise user managing content or reporting for more than one brand in your HubSpot account, learn more about purchasing additional brand domains.