In HubSpot, you can follow a contact, company, deal, or ticket record and receive notifications when there is new activity on the record.
For example, a sales manager can follow a deal to track stage changes and ensure that sales reps are keeping up with their outreach, while an account manager can follow a company and be notified when a new note is left on their timeline.
Set your follow preferences
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > Follow.
- At the upper right, select the Email checkbox to turn all your email follow notifications on or off.
- You can set your email notification preferences for the individual follow activities by checking or unchecking the respective boxes:
- Follow deal engagement: receive a notification when a deal you are following changes stage.
- Follow record associated: receive a notification when a contact, company, deal, or ticket you are following is associated with another record.
- Follow record engagement: receive a notification when there is a new activity (a note, email, call, meeting, or task has been logged on the record timeline) on a contact, company, deal, or ticket you are following.
- Follow ticket stage updates: receive a notification when a ticket that you own or are following changes stage.
Follow a contact, company, deal, or ticket record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Tickets.
- Click the name of your contact, company, deal, or ticket record.
- In the card at the upper right, click Actions, then select Follow.
- You'll now receive email follow notifications based on the preferences you've set.
Please note: you’ll be set to automatically follow records you're the owner of. To turn off follow notifications for a specific contact, company, or deal you own, navigate to the record and click Actions, then select Unfollow in the card at the upper right.