In HubSpot, you can follow a contact, company, deal, or ticket record and receive notifications when there is new activity on the record.
For example, a sales manager can follow a deal to track stage changes and ensure that sales reps are keeping up with their outreach, while an account manager can follow a company and be notified when a new note is left on their timeline.
Set your follow preferences
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.
- In the Follow section, select the notification type checkboxes to turn all of your follow notifications on or off.
- Click Advanced preferences, then select or clear the specific notification checkboxes to turn individual follow notifications on or off for each record type.
Follow a contact, company, deal, or ticket record
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Tickets.
- Click the name of your contact, company, deal, or ticket record.
- In the card at the upper right, click Actions, then select Follow.
- You'll now receive email follow notifications based on the preferences you've set.
Please note: you’ll be set to automatically follow records you're the owner of. To turn off follow notifications for a specific contact, company, or deal you own, navigate to the record and click Actions, then select Unfollow in the card at the upper right.