In the HubSpot CRM, you can follow a contact, company, or deal record and receive notifications when there is new activity on the record.
For example, a sales manager can follow a deal to track stage changes and ensure that sales reps are keeping up with their outreach, while an account manager can follow a company and be notified when a new note is left on their timeline.
Set your follow preferences
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > Follow.
- On the right-hand side of Choose where you receive all Follow notifications, ensure the toggle switch is ON or click it to turn on your email follow notifications.
- Once the switch is ON, you'll have the option to set your email notification preferences for three follow activities by checking or unchecking the respective boxes:
- Follow deal engagement: receive a notification when a deal you are following changes stage.
- Follow record associated: receive a notification when a contact, company, or deal you are following is associated with another record.
- Follow record engagement: receive a notification when there is a new activity (a note, email, call, meeting, or task has been logged on the record timeline) on a contact, company, or deal you are following.
Follow a contact, company or deal record
- In your HubSpot Sales account, click Contacts, Companies, or Deals in the main navigation bar.
- Click the name of your contact, company, or deal record.
- In the card at the upper right, click Actions, then select Follow.
- You'll now receive email follow notifications based on the preferences you've set.
Please note: you’ll be set to automatically follow records you're the HubSpot Owner of. To turn off follow notifications for a specific contact, company, or deal you own, navigate to the record and click Actions, then select Unfollow in the card at the upper right.