HubSpot's COS blogging platform makes it easy for you to manage blog posts by subject matter with topics. A topic (or tag) is a small text snippet appended to an article. These topics can be shared across blog articles to help group similar content. You can even add a module to your templates to link to your blog topic pages.
To access your blog topic list:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Blog.
- Click the Topics link in the left-hand navigation area.
The topics dashboard allows you to quickly see what topics you have, how many times they've been used, and how many published posts have been tagged with a specific topic. This dashboard also allows you to create new topics via the Add new topic button, group similar topics together, or to create a new blog post.
To add an existing topic to an article, or to create new topics from within an article:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Blog > locate the blog post you'd like to edit > click the gear on the right-side > click Edit.
- In the blog post editor, click Settings > Locate the Topics field.
- In the topics field you may see topics that you have already selected as well as a dropdown to select more of your topics.
- To create a new topic, begin typing your topic in that field > click the orange bar below, "Create new topic: [name of your new topic]"
- Don't forget to Save the draft or Update the changes made to your blog post.