Your sitemap is used to manage the content that is shown to search engines for each of your domains hosted on HubSpot. Sitemaps help search engine web crawlers determine the structure of your site so they can crawl it more intelligently.
Follow the steps below to update the pages included in your sitemap.xml file:
Edit your sitemap
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar, click Domains & URLs.
- Click the Sitemaps tab.
- Under Pages to include in your sitemap, use the domain dropdown menu to choose to the sitemap you'd like to edit
- To add a new page to your sitemap, click + Add a page. In the dialog box that appears, use the dropdown to select an existing page published on this domain, then click Add.
excludean existing page from your sitemap.xml file, hover over a specific page and click Remove.
- To customize how this page in your sitemap, hover over an existing page and click Options.
- Use the Change frequency dropdown menu to tell search engines how often this page updates and should be crawled.
- Use the Priority dropdown menu to rank how this page compares to the other pages on your site.
- Click Save.
- Click Save in the lower left corner of the screen to take your edits live.
View your sitemap
Click View XML file. This will provide you with a direct link to your sitemap, which will be what you need for submitting your sitemap to Google Analytics and similar services.
You can also add /sitemap.xml to the end of your website domain, paste the address into a website browser, and hit enter or go to see your sitemap.xml file.
Please note: removing a page from your sitemap will not explicitly tell search engines that a page should not be indexed. Learn how to block your pages from being indexed by search engines.