Your sitemap is used to manage the content that is shown to search engines for each of your domains hosted on HubSpot. Sitemaps help search engine web crawlers determine the structure of your site so they can crawl it more intelligently.
Follow the steps below to update the pages included in your sitemap.xml file:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar select Domains & URLs, then click the Sitemaps tab.
- Under Pages to include in your sitemap, select the domain corresponding to the sitemap you would like to edit using the dropdown in the top left.
- To add a new page to your sitemap, click + Add a page. In the dialog box that appears, use the dropdown to select an existing page published on this domain, then click Add.
- Set the page frequency and priority in Advanced options. Change frequency indicates to search engines how often this page updates and should be crawled. Priority indicates how this page compares to the other pages on your site. Hover over the page name you want to edit and click Options. Click the Choose an option dropdown to set the frequency and Set priority to edit the page priority. Click Save.
- To exclude an existing page from your sitemap.xml file, hover over a specific page and click Remove.
- Click Save in the lower left corner of the screen to take your edits live.
Please note: removing a page from your sitemap will not explicitly tell search engines that a page should not be indexed. To block a page from being indexed, check out this article.