Follow a contact, company, deal, ticket, or custom object record to receive notifications when there is new activity on the record.
Set your follow preferences
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications.
- Click the Email, Desktop, and Other apps tabs to configure your notification by device type.
- In the top right, type follow in the search bar to display all follow notifications.
- Select the checkbox next to the notification you want to allow.
Follow or unfollow a record
You can choose to follow specific records, or unfollow records that you're already receiving notifications about. By default, every user is set to automatically follow records that they are the owner of.
- Navigate to your records:
- Contacts: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Companies: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- Deals: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Tickets: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- Custom objects: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > [Custom object]. If your account has more than one custom object, hover over Custom Objects, then select the custom object you want to view.
- Click the name of the record to follow.
- In the left sidebar, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Follow. If you already follow the record, to turn off notifications, select Unfollow.