The HubSpot Social Chrome extension allows you to schedule or publish content through HubSpot without having to go to the HubSpot social tool. You can also share specific snippets of text in the content in your social post.
Install the HubSpot Social Chrome extension
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Publishing tab.
- In the Publish from your browser section, click Install the Chrome Extension.
- In the dialog box, click Add extension.
- You'll be redirected to a confirmation page for the extension, and the HubSpot Social Chrome extension should appear in your browser toolbar as an orange sprocket icon sprocket.
Select the HubSpot account to use with the extension
If you're a user in multiple HubSpot accounts, to select the account to use with the HubSpot Social Chrome extension:
- Right-click the HubSpot Social Chrome extension icon sprocket in your browser, and select Options in the dropdown menu.
- In the extension settings page, click Change on the right of Domain or Hub ID.
- Under Always use this Hub ID for Compose, enter the Hub ID of the HubSpot account, then click Save.
Share content with the HubSpot Social Chrome extension
- In the page you want to share, click the HubSpot Social Chrome extension icon sprocket in your browser toolbar. If there is text in the page you will like to share in the social post, highlight and right-click the text, and in the dropdown menu, select Share Text via HubSpot.
- In the right panel, select the social network to publish your social post to.
- The social post will automatically populate the title and URL of the website page you're on, and a post preview will be generated from the URL metadata. This will include a picture (if available), title, meta description (if available), and link.
- Click the Posting from dropdown menu to select the account to publish the social post to.
- Click the When dropdown menu to select a specific date and time to publish the social post, or click Publish now to publish the post immediately.
- In the bottom right, click the Campaign dropdown menu and select a campaign to associate the social post with.
- Once you've finished setting up your social post, you can choose to publish another post or publish to another social account by clicking the corresponding social icon next to Schedule another. This will automatically duplicate your existing post content into the new post.
- Once your post(s) is ready to go, click Schedule post or Publish post now to schedule it for publishing or publish it immediately, depending on the publish date and time you selected.