The HubSpot Social Chrome extension allows you to schedule or publish content through HubSpot directly from the page you'd like to share. When using the extension, you can publish through HubSpot without having to navigate to the HubSpot social tool.
Please note: the HubSpot Social Chrome extension will only work properly when your Chrome cookie settings are set to Allow all cookies or Block third party cookies in Incognito. Learn more about how to change your Chrome cookie settings in Google Chrome's Help Center.
Install the HubSpot Social Chrome extension
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Publishing tab.
- In the Publish from your browser section, click Install the Chrome Extension.
- In the Chrome Web Store, click Add to chrome. Then, in the dialog box, click Add extension. You'll be redirected to a confirmation page for the extension, and the HubSpot Social Chrome extension should appear in your browser toolbar as an orange sprocket icon sprocket.
Necessary disclosure: The HubSpot Social Chrome extension only accesses information about the current page, after its toolbar button is clicked, using the permissions granted by the Google Chrome's activeTab permission.
Select the HubSpot account to use with the extension
If you're a user in multiple HubSpot accounts, you can select the account to use with the HubSpot Social Chrome extension:
- Click the sprocket HubSpot Social icon in your browser toolbar, and select Options in the dropdown menu.
- In the right panel, click the dropdown menu to select a HubSpot account.
Share content with the HubSpot Social Chrome extension
- On the page you want to share, click the HubSpot Social icon sprocket in your browser toolbar.
- In the right panel, select the social network to publish your social post.
- The social post will automatically populate the title and URL of the website page you're on, and a post preview will be generated from the URL metadata.
- The post preview will include an image, title, meta description, and link. This may vary depending on the page shared.
- Set up your post details:
- Posting from: select the account to publish the social post to.
- When: select a specific date and time to publish the social post, or click Publish now to publish the post immediately.
- Schedule another: after setting up your social post, publish another post or publish to another social account by clicking the corresponding social icon. This will automatically duplicate your existing post content into the new post.
- Campaign: select a campaign to associate the social post with.
- Once your post is ready to go, click Schedule post or Publish post now to schedule it for publishing or publish it immediately, depending on the publish date and time you selected.