Below is an outline of which property types can be copied to other property types.
Single-line and multi-line text properties can be copied to single-line and multi-line text properties.
Number properties can be copied to the following property types:
- Single-line text
- Multi-line text
There are two types of date properties in HubSpot, date picker properties and datetime properties.
- Date picker values (e.g., January 1, 2019) can be copied to both date picker properties and datetime properties. When copied to a datetime property, the time in the value will default to midnight UTC. Depending on your time zone settings, this could cause unexpected results. For example, the datetime value for May 1, 2015 is 01 May 2015 00:00:00 UTC. If your account's timezone is in UTC-04:00 Eastern Time, the datetime will display as 30 April 2015 20:00:00, four hours behind midnight UTC.
- Datetime values can only be copied to other datetime properties.
You can only create datetime properties via the HubSpot API.
Read-only properties, such as Create date and Original source can be selected as the source property but cannot be selected as the target property. These properties are set by HubSpot analytics or third-party integrations only and cannot be edited.
Checkbox and select properties
Single checkbox, multiple checkbox, radio select, and dropdown select properties can be copied to the following property types:
- Single-line/multi-line text: when enumeration property values are copied to a text property, the internal value for the enumeration property will be copied, not the label. This also applies to the properties First touch converting campaign, Last touch converting campaign, and Original source drill-down 2.
- Checkbox and select: to copy from one checkbox or select property to another, the internal property option must exist in both properties. For example, if the source dropdown select property has three options, Cold Lead, Warm Lead, and Hot Lead, the target property must also have those options.
If the the target checkbox or select property is missing values found in the source property, the properties are considered mismatched.
To copy mismatched properties, you'll need to edit the source or target property so that it contains all property values that are in the other property. You can do this by adding new property options to the source or target property, or by copying the values from one property to the other.
Learn more about copying multiple checkbox properties.
HubSpot user properties
HubSpot user properties automatically pull in all users in the account, and can be copied to the following property types:
- Single-line/multi-line text: when copying from a HubSpot user property to a text property, the user's internal value will be copied. This results in a number appearing in the text property.
- HubSpot user: when copying from one HubSpot user property to another, the user's name will be copied.