You can integrate your Salesforce account with your HubSpot account so that leads and customers can seamlessly pass between HubSpot and Salesforce. This is crucial to keeping your marketing and sales teams on the same page.
If your company does not use Salesforce, you can skip ahead to how to setup lead revisit alerts in HubSpot.
To be able to integrate HubSpot and Salesforce, you must:
- Be using either HubSpot Professional or Enterprise
- Be using either Salesforce Professional, Enterprise or Unlimited (not a trial account)
- Have top-level Salesforce administrator privileges (if on Salesforce Professional Edition)
- Have top-level Salesforce administrator privileges OR full object-level and full-field-level security permissions (if on Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited Edition)
Follow these steps to integrate HubSpot and Salesforce.
1. Go to the Salesforce.com Integration settings in HubSpot
Click on Contacts > Contacts Settings.
Click on Salesforce.com Integration in the Integrations side menu.
2. Follow the instructions in the Salesforce Setup flow
Go through the steps in the Salesforce Setup flow to install the integration between HubSpot and Salesforce, configure your integration settings, and test the integration. To get started, click the Connect to Salesforce button and then follow the instructions inside the tool.
After you've finished going through the setup flow, HubSpot and Salesforce will be integrated. You can adjust your integration settings at any time by going to Contacts > Contact Settings and making changes to Salesforce Connector > Settings.
Next, you'll learn how to import leads and contacts from Salesforce into your HubSpot account.
Next Article: How to import leads, contacts and accounts from Salesforce (if you have a Salesforce account)