After installing the HubSpot-Salesforce integration, you can manage a number of integration settings, such as your API call usage, inclusion list, and object syncing.
Access your Salesforce integration settings
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Under Connected Apps, click Salesforce.
API call use
In the Sync Health tab, you can view the number of API calls used by the integration within the past 24 hours. Under Allocated to HubSpot, you can adjust the number of Salesforce API calls allocated to HubSpot by entering a new number, then clicking Save.
The API call limit for HubSpot should be set based on your Salesforce API call limit, as well as your current Salesforce API call usage.
View the integration user that is connected to Salesforce. If the user is unable to access or update a record in Salesforce, then HubSpot will also be unable to. Click the Actions dropdown to:
- Connect a different user.
- Connect to a new sandbox.
How it works
View basic information on how the HubSpot and Salesforce integration works.
Click the HubSpot > Salesforce tab to configure the settings for when information is passed from Hubspot to Salesforce.
HubSpot > Salesforce
Limiting what syncs
This setting allows you to select or create an inclusion list to limit the contacts that sync from HubSpot to Salesforce. Contacts that are not in your inclusion list will not sync from HubSpot to Salesforce. Learn more about creating a Salesforce inclusion list.
This setting allows you to choose whether new HubSpot contacts should be created as Salesforce leads or contacts.
Please note: When Create a lead is selected in the Creating leads/contacts section, it is advised to turn off the setting to automatically create and associate companies with contacts in HubSpot. Salesforce leads do not have accounts, and the Salesforce integration uses associated contacts to deduplicate companies, not the domain. When HubSpot contacts are created as Salesforce leads with no account in Salesforce, duplicates will occur once an account is manually created in Salesforce.
If you want the automatically create and associate companies with contacts setting turned on, it is strongly recommended to sync HubSpot contacts to Salesforce as contacts in order to avoid duplicates being created.
Matching state and country fields
This setting allows you to choose if default state and country values in HubSpot should be converted to pass validation for Salesforce's State and Country picklists.
- In the Tell us about your Salesforce state and country picklists dropdown select one of the following:
- The picklist is disabled in Salesforce.
- The picklist is enabled in Salesforce.
- The picklist is enabled and customized in Salesforce.
- In the HubSpot will dropdown select one of the following:
- Match default Salesforce state/country values when syncing.
- Sync HubSpot state/country values to Salesforce.
Click the Salesforce > HubSpot tab to configure the settings for when information is passed from Hubspot to Salesforce.
Salesforce > HubSpot
Limiting what syncs
Contacts with a valid email address only will sync to HubSpot.
Updating leads and contacts
This setting allows you to choose when Salesforce leads or contacts should create HubSpot contacts.
Use the dropdown menu to decide what happens When a Salesforce lead is created or updated:
- Do nothing in HubSpot: new or existing Salesforce leads/contacts that are updated will not automatically create HubSpot contacts.
- Create or update the contact in HubSpot: new Salesforce leads/contacts created with a unique and valid email address will be created/updated HubSpot contacts.
Please note: if new Salesforce leads or contacts are set to create HubSpot contacts, a corresponding contact will be created or deduplicated in HubSpot when a Salesforce lead or contact is created, even if you have set up an inclusion list which the HubSpot contact is not in. Further updates to the contact/lead from either HubSpot or Salesforce will not sync to the other platform.
Untick the checkbox in the Updating contacts section to set different rules for contacts in Salesforce.
Adjusting lifecycle stage
This setting allows you to choose if actions taken on an associated Salesforce record will impact the lifecycle stage of the corresponding HubSpot contact.
If Update the contact's opportunity stage in HubSpot is selected, a Salesforce contact associated with an open opportunity will update the lifecycle stage of the corresponding HubSpot contact to Opportunity. If the opportunity is marked as Closed Won in Salesforce, the lifecycle stage of the corresponding HubSpot contact will change from Opportunity to Customer.
- This setting will not move a HubSpot contact's lifecycle stage backwards. For example, if a HubSpot contact already has a lifecycle stage of Customer, they will not move back to Opportunity if their corresponding Salesforce contact is associated with an open opportunity.
- The lifecycle stage of a HubSpot contact will not impact any corresponding Salesforce records. For example, setting the lifecycle stage of a HubSpot contact to Customer will not convert the corresponding Salesforce lead to a contact.
- The Salesforce contact must be associated with the opportunity via contact roles. Custom relationship fields between Salesforce contacts and opportunities, as well as opportunities with no contact roles, will not trigger automatic lifecycle stage transitions.
- If the companies Lifecycle stage sync setting is enabled, any other HubSpot contacts that are associated with the same company will also have their lifecycle stage updated.
Contacts, Companies and Deals
These tabs allow you to set up syncing between HubSpot and Salesforce CRM objects. Toggle to on to turn on syncing.
- Contacts: HubSpot contacts will always sync with Salesforce lead and/or contact objects by default when the integration is enabled. Manage your mappings in the section Contact Property Mappings.
- Companies: HubSpot companies sync with Salesforce accounts. To enable syncing between companies and accounts, select the checkbox in the Sync? column. Learn more about syncing Salesforce accounts to HubSpot. Manage your mappings in the section Contact Property Mappings.
- Deals: HubSpot deals sync with Salesforce opportunities. To enable syncing between deals and opportunities, select the checkbox in the Sync? column. Learn more about syncing Salesforce opportunities to HubSpot. Manage your mappings in the section Contact Property Mappings.
HubSpot engagements (e.g., form submissions, email interactions, meetings, etc.) can be synced to Salesforce tasks. Learn how to sync activities and tasks between HubSpot and Salesforce.