Salesforce opportunities sync to HubSpot as deals. HubSpot deal properties sync with the following standard Salesforce opportunity fields:
- Close date
You can also create custom field mappings to sync other HubSpot deal properties with Salesforce opportunity fields.
Enable the opportunity sync
An opportunity in Salesforce syncs to HubSpot as a deal. If your opportunity is associated with Salesforce contact records, you may want the sync to associate the synced deal to corresponding contacts in HubSpot. For this to occur, ensure the contact records in Salesforce is associated with the opportunity as an OpportunityContactRole.
A deal created in HubSpot also syncs to Salesforce as an opportunity. If a HubSpot contact is associated with the deal, the corresponding Salesforce contact record will be added to the Salesforce opportunity as an OpportunityContactRole.
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Click Salesforce.
- Navigate to the Deals tab, and toggle the switch to on for Sync Deals.
- Once the sync is turned on, each opportunity record in Salesforce will be synced to their corresponding pipeline in HubSpot. The pipeline will be named Salesforce - [record type ID in Salesforce]. If you only have one pipeline created in your Salesforce account it will be named Salesforce - Default Pipeline in HubSpot.
When you associate a Salesforce contact with an opportunity, the integration will update the deal's Lifecycle stage property, as well as sync additional properties from the most recently created opportunity.
Please note: if you delete a Salesforce opportunity that is syncing with a HubSpot deal, the HubSpot deal will be deleted. However, if you delete a HubSpot deal, the corresponding Salesforce opportunity will not be deleted.
Learn how to import your Salesforce opportunities to HubSpot.
Contact properties that sync with opportunities
The integration will update four HubSpot contact properties if a Salesforce contact is associated with the opportunity. These fields can be used to segment lists or filters and create custom reports:
- Associated deals: number of associated opportunities.
- First deal created date: date the opportunity was created.
- Recent deal close date: the date of the most recently closed won opportunity.
- Recent deal amount: the amount of the closed won opportunity most recently created and associated with this contact.
- Total revenue: the total revenue generated from each of a contact's associated opportunities.
Please note: the Recent deal amount property is populated by the most recently created deal associated with the contact, not the most recently closed deal.
Learn how to sync Salesforce accounts to HubSpot as companies.