In your HubSpot account, you can see past values for properties on a contact, company, deal, or ticket record. You also have the option of exporting property history.
View a contact's property history
To see the historical values for all properties of a contact:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Tickets.
- Click the name of a contact, company, deal, or ticket record.
- Click View property history in the About section.
- You'll see the property history of all properties for which your contact, company, deal, or ticket has had a value. Click the column headers to sort by property, the date of the change, or the change source. You can also use the search bar at the top to search for a particular property, value, or change source.
- To return to the CRM record, click Back to contact/company/deal record in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
You can also see the isolated history of an individual contact, company, deal, or ticket property in the About section or from the All Properties screen.
- Hover over any of the properties in the About section and click See history to see the history for that particular property.
- To see the history for a specific property that doesn't appear in the About section, click View all properties.
- Hover over a particular property and click See history.
Export property history
To export the historical values of a contact, company, deal, or ticket property:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- Click the tab of the property type you wish to export: Contact properties, Company properties, Deal properties, or Ticket properties.
- Click the name of the property you wish to export the history of.
- Click Export property history at the upper right.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the Email you'd like the property history export sent to, and select your File format. Then, click Export.
Import historical values
Once you receive your CSV file, you can use it to update property values for contacts or companies. If you want to restore the historical values of your records, look for the date of the change in your CSV file, and then reimport the values that were in HubSpot prior to that change.