Please follow the directions noted below to get the direct link for a file hosted on HubSpot's COS File Manager.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > File Manager.
- Locate the file you'd like to share with others and click the file name.
- In the pane that appears on the right, click Copy URL in the File URL section to copy the link to your clipboard.
A few notes on file downloads and PDF docs in general:
- Most modern browsers will open links to PDF files inside the browser itself for the visitor to view, as opposed to downloading the actual file to the visitors computer
- In turn, whether or not a download is prompted is largely dependent on the browser in use and its settings
- At present there is no way to force a download without using server side script, which is not supported by the HubSpot content systems
- The visitor can always download the pdf from the subsequent window that opens, but you may want to provide a prompt above your link such as "Right click and select Save as to download" for example
- Additionally, you could consider packaging your PDF or document file in a .zip file which will usually force the visitor to download it