Please follow the directions noted below to create a global module from a module that you're currently using on a template.
- Navigate to Content > Design Manager.
- Find and click on the name of the template you're working on.
- Configure the options and default content for the module you'd like to make global by clicking the gear icon on the right-hand side of the module and selecting Edit Options and/or Edit CSS.
- Once your module has been configured, click the gear icon on the module and select Make Module Global from the options.
- Finish by clicking the Make module global button.
Global modules are not added to templates automatically. You must still add the module to any new or existing templates manually.
Please note: Global modules can be used in email templates, but you cannot create a global module from within an email template. Global modules that contain smart rules based on country, device type, referral source or preferred language are not supported in email templates.