HubSpot's website and landing pages can be password protected, giving you the ability to control who can see the content on a specific page. This is often useful when creating thank you pages and resource download pages.
To password protect a page:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Landing Pages or Website Pages.
- Locate the page you wish to password protect in the pages dashboard, then click it to open the page editor.
- Click the Settings tab and then select Advanced Options.
- Select the checkbox option for Require a password to view the page, then enter a password in the box.
- Click Update or Publish at the upper right. The page will now require users to enter a password in order to view the page's content.
Please note: passwords are only required for individual pages where you have enabled this feature. If you have links to other HubSpot landing or website pages on the protected page, those links will be accessible without a password unless you have also password protected those pages.
This password protection does not provide any kind of encryption and should not be used to approximate user accounts or to hide sensitive data. Additionally, pages that are password protected via HubSpot are unable to be crawled by search engines.