When sending a HubSpot marketing email, you can use the Time Zone Send feature to schedule your email for a specific time in your recipients' own time zone. This means the email will be sent in batches based on the recipients' IP time zone property value on their contact record. Any contact without a value for this property will receive the email in your account time zone.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to send an email based on your recipients' time zone:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Email, then click Create email in the top right corner.
- Select a template, then enter an email name and click Create email.
- Edit your email details and content, then choose your email recipients. You can check out this comprehensive guide for more details about creating emails in HubSpot.
- When you're ready to send your email, click the Send or schedule tab.
- From here, click Schedule based on time zones, then select the date and time from the dropdown menus that appear.
- After you select a date and time for the send, you can see how your email will be distributed to your contacts across any known time zones under Check recipient time zones.
- When you're ready to schedule your email for sending, click Schedule in the top right.
Your email has now been successfully scheduled to send to your recipients in their own time zone. On the post-send details screen, you can use the dropdown at the top of the page to view the email's performance for recipients from a specific time zone or for all time zones at once. You can also analyze your email's performance across time zones by clicking the Smart Sending tab.
Please note: once a smart send email has been scheduled, you cannot add more recipients to the initial send from the post-send details screen. Instead, click Clone to duplicate the email and choose another set of recipients.