The Email confirmation status contact property is a contact property set by HubSpot based on the HubSpot email double opt-in feature. It pertains to the status of a contact's eligibility of receiving marketing email.
This contact property keeps track of any contact's interaction with double opt-in email and provides more insight into whether or not your contact has interacted with your double opt-in email.
Below is a list of status definitions you'll find in the Email confirmation status property:
- Confirmed: the user's double opt-in status has been confirmed and a follow up email has been sent.*
- Confirmed Pending: the user has entered the double opt-in flow has yet to be sent the confirmation email.
- Confirmation Email Sent: the confirmation email has been sent. HubSpot is waiting for a confirmation via a click.
- User has not clicked sent link: the confirmation email has been received by user several hours ago, but they have yet to click on link provided.
- User clicked confirmation: the user has clicked on the link in the confirmation email.*
- HubSpot Rep. marked confirmed: someone at HubSpot has marked the user as confirmed. This is more or less manual via an API call.*
- Customer marked confirmed: a HubSpot user has marked this customer as confirmed during an import.*
- Confirmed from previous behavior: the contact received email prior to double opt-in being enabled. *
- Confirmed due to form: the contact filled out a form on a page where double opt-in is not required.
- Awaiting Double Opt In: the double opt-in process hasn't started yet.
* = The contact is considered having double opted in for email