Zapier connects HubSpot with 270+ web services using triggers and actions to automate work between HubSpot and other apps. A trigger is an event that happens in one app, and an action is the event that Zapier automatically performs in another app. For example, using Zapier, you can send an SMS message (action) when there's a new contact in HubSpot (trigger).
The Zapier integration within HubSpot is free to all HubSpot customers. The integration requires a Zapier account, and certain applications integrated with Zapier may require a Zapier subscription for Premium Zaps. Review Zapier's pricing page for more information.
Please note: datetime values sent through Zapier into HubSpot will be rounded down to UTC midnight. This may result in date discrepancies between the external source and HubSpot.
Install the Zapier integration
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Integrations.
- In the upper right, click Connect an app.
- Use the search bar to locate the Zapier integration, then hover over it and click View integration.
- In the dialog box, click Connect.
- Click Log in to sign into your existing Zapier account, or Sign up to create a new one.
- To complete the integration setup, make your first HubSpot zap.
Create a zap
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- In the upper right, click Make a zap!
- Select the app you want to use for your trigger and initiate an action. Select HubSpot here if you want an event in HubSpot to initiate an action in another app, or use the search bar on the right to find the app you want to use for your trigger.
- Select a trigger, then click Continue.
- If you've never connected your Zapier account to the selected app, you'll be prompted to connect an account. If you're using HubSpot for your trigger and have multiple HubSpot accounts, you'll be prompted to select an account. Click Save + Continue to connect to your account.
- Once connected, you'll be asked to set up your trigger template. Customize as needed, then click Continue.
- Next, select the app yo want to use for your action. This is the app in which an event will take place based on the trigger you've set up. Select HubSpot here if you want to initiate an initiate an event in HubSpot based on your trigger or use the search bar on the right to find the app yo want to use for your trigger.
- Select a trigger, then click Continue.
- If you've never connected your Zapier account to the selected app, you'll be prompted to connect an account. If you're using HubSpot for your action and have multiple HubSpot accounts, you'll be prompted to select an account. Click Save + Continue to connect to your account.
- Once connected to an account, you'll be asked to set up your action. Customize as needed, then click Continue.
- You'll be able to test your zap if needed. Click Finish to complete the setup of your zap.
- If you haven't done so, you'll be prompted to give your zap a name. When you're ready to start triggering new actions with this zap, click the toggle switch to take your zap live.
Supported HubSpot triggers
- New contact: triggered when a new contact record is created in HubSpot.
- New contact in list: triggered when a new contact is added to a specific list.
- New form submission: triggered every time a particular form is submitted.
- New contact property change: triggered every time a specified property is updated on any contact. This will also be triggered when a contact is created with this property.
- New blog article: triggered when a new HubSpot blog post is created (in draft or published).
- New social media post: triggered when a social post is published in HubSpot.
Supported HubSpot actions
- Create or update contact: create a new contact or update an existing contact based on email address.
- New form submission: submit data into a selected HubSpot form.
- Add contact to a workflow: enroll a contact in a specific workflow.
- Add contact to list: add a contact to a specific list.
- Create social media post: publish a social post in HubSpot.
- Create blog article: create a new HubSpot blog post.
- New enterprise event: fires a custom event (Enterprise accounts only).
Popular Zaps for HubSpot
- Add new HubSpot contacts to a Google Spreadsheet
- Get an email alert for new HubSpot contacts
- Get an SMS or Phone call alert for new HubSpot contacts
- Send leads from a Wufoo form to HubSpot
- Send leads from an Unbounce landing page to HubSpot
- Send leads from a Gravity Forms form to HubSpot
- Send Eventbrite registrants to HubSpot
- Create Highrise contact form HubSpot contact
- Create Base CRM lead from new HubSpot contacts
- Add new HubSpot contacts to a MailChimp list
Explore other HubSpot Zap templates.