To track visits to your website from links clicked in a non-HubSpot email, create a tracking URL for these links in HubSpot.
The parameters below will allow visits from links clicked in non-HubSpot emails to be bucketed under Email > Campaign Name > Email Name in the sources report.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Reports > Reports Home.
- Click Tracking URL Builder in the left sidebar menu.
- Click Create a new tracking URL in the upper right-hand corner.
- Use the following criteria :
- Add the page URL. This should be the destination of the email link.
- Select an existing campaign from the dropdown menu. You can also create a new campaign here.
- Set Source to Email Marketing.
- Set Name of Email to the name of the non-HubSpot email you're sending. This parameter will appear as a drilldown in the sources report. If Name of Email is not set, then the email visits will be bucketed under Email > Campaign Name > 'Unspecified email'.
- Clickn Generate to create your Tracking URL.
Once you have received visits to your tracking URL, you will see the information displayed in the sources report based on the source (email) and campaign name.