To track visits to your website from links clicked in a non-HubSpot email, you will want to create a Tracking URL in HubSpot.
Using the parameters below will allow visits from links clicked in non-HubSpot emails to be bucketed under Email > Campaign Name > Email Name in the Sources Report.
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Reports > Reports Home > Tracking URL Builder in the right sidebar.
- Click the button to Create a new tracking URL.
- Use the following criteria :
- Add the page URL.
- Select a Campaign from the drop-down. You can also create a new one.
- Set Source to Email Marketing.
- Set Name of Email to the name of the non-HubSpot email you're sending. This parameter will appear as a drilldown in the Sources Report. If Name of Email is not set, then the email visits will be bucketed under Email > Campaign Name > 'Unspecified email'. When ready, click on Generate to create your Tracking URL.
Once you have received visits to your tracking URL, you will see the information displayed in the Sources Report based on the Campaign > Content.