When designing your website there are probably sections of content that you want to repeat on multiple pages. For example, a website footer contains .
Before you get started
- Users who have permission to edit global content and Super Admins can create and edit that global content from the design manager and page editor.
- When a part of your template is made global, you can edit the content within the design manager, or within the page editor itself. In all cases, changes you publish for global content will be applied to every template that contains that global content.
- You can recognize global content in the content editor or the design manager based on the globalGroup global icon that appears in the upper right corner of the module, group, or section.
Edit global content within the content editor
Within the page editor, you can update the global content that's included in your page or blog template. Changes made to your global content within the page editor will be applied to all pages created with a template that contains the same global content.
In your HubSpot account, navigate to your blog, landing pages, or website pages.
- In the content dashboard, hover over the page or blog post that contains your global content, then click Edit.
Within the page editor, global content on your template is labeled with a globalGroup global content icon. This globalGroup global content icon will appear directly on the module group in the editor, or in the module listing in the Content tab on the left panel.
Click the globalGroup global content then select Edit global content. This will open a new content editor specifically for your global content.
- In the left panel, click a module to edit its contents in the left sidebar editor. The click Back in the upper left to navigate back to your global content's module list.
- In the upper left, click the View on dropdown menu to see a list other assets using this global content in the template. Select another asset to preview how the changes you've made to your global content will impact that page or blog post.
- When you're done editing your global content, click Publish to [X] assets in the upper right. These changes will be applied to all pages and blog posts using a template that includes this global content.
If you're managing website content in multiple languages, learn how to create and edit multi-language global content.
Create new global content in the design manager
If you're comfortable working with basic HTML and CSS, you can design your own global content in the design manager tool.
To create global content from scratch:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools..
- In the finder, click a template, group, or module to edit its contents. Or create a new file.
- If you're creating a global group, you can edit the options of multiple modules. Press the Control / Command key, click the modules you want to group, then click the groupModule group icon in the inspector.
- Click the module or module group to select it in the layout editor.
- In the inspector, click the More dropdown menu and select Convert to global module/group.
To add a global module or a global group to a template:
- Click Add in the layout inspector.
- Then click and drag your global module/group into the template layout, and release it where you want it to be placed.
- To edit a global group, click the global group in your template.
- In the inspector, click the More dropdown menu and select Edit global group.
- A new tab will open in your design manager with all the contents of your global group. Add or delete modules as desired, or edit the contents of your global content.
To apply these changes to your content, in the upper right, click Publish changes.
If you decide you want to change the contents of a global module or global group on only one page, blog post, or email, you can make a local copy of the global content in the design manager to edit its content separately.