With the Send Later feature, compose an email in the CRM and schedule it to send at a later time. Once an email is scheduled, it cannot be edited, only deleted and replaced with a new scheduled email.
Please note: as of May 21, 2019, you can no longer schedule an email to send at a later time using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension. If you want to schedule an email from your Gmail inbox, use G Suite's Schedule send. These emails will still be logged and tracked in HubSpot.
Schedule an email from a contact, company, deal, or ticket record
Please note: your inbox must be successfully connected in order to schedule an email for later. Gmail, Office 365, and IMAP connected inboxes support the send later feature when scheduling emails from the CRM.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your contacts, companies, deals, or tickets.
- Click the name of the record.
- In the left panel, click Email email.
- In the pop-up box, write your email body and add a subject line. Click Send Later and select one of the following options:
- Tomorrow: send the email tomorrow at 8am click the dropdown menu to specify the recipient's timezone.
- Custom: set a specific date and time for your send.
- Best time to send: (Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise only) select within 24 hours or Best time to send this week to schedule a time with a higher likelihood of opens, clicks, and replies based on the recipient's previous email engagement.
- Click Schedule.
Please note: emails scheduled for later in the HubSpot CRM will not show up in your Gmail drafts folder.
Once the email has been scheduled, the email will be logged on the record with a status of Scheduled. To cancel the email send, the user who originally scheduled the email must delete it from the timeline. Hover over the email activity on the timeline and in the upper right, click Delete.
How does HubSpot determine the best time to schedule the email?
When predicting the best time to send, the data about the email you're sending and emails that have been sent with HubSpot in the past are taken into consideration. HubSpot calculates the probability that a person will open an email at a given time to find the best send time. The prediction takes the following into consideration:
- Your recipient’s engagement with HubSpot-sent emails in the past. This data is gathered by looking at recipients' email history in your HubSpot account your send history is not shared with other HubSpot users.
- Similar recipients’ engagement with HubSpot-sent emails in the past.
- Your recipient’s email address.
- Your recipient’s device (mobile or computer).
- Your recipient’s industry.
- Your recipient’s time zone.
- Your recipient’s country.
- Your recipient’s job title.
What if my scheduled email is not sent?
If your inbox is disconnected at the time your email is scheduled to send, the email will not be sent. Reconnect your inbox to HubSpot, then reschedule the email.