With dependent fields, you can display additional fields based on visitors' responses to a previous field. For example, if your business is a bakery, you can ask visitors if they like cake and, if so, ask what flavor of cake they like.
Add dependent fields to a form
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Create a new form or hover over an existing form, click the Actions dropdown menu, and select Edit form.
- In the form preview on the right,, hover over the field that you want to add dependent fields to, then click the pencil icon edit.
- In the left panel, click the Logic tab.
Please note: if you need to create a new field as your dependent field you will need to create this before you begin.
- In the Dependent fields section, click the first dropdown menu and set the targeting rule for your dependent field (e.g., if equal to, contains any of). The options in this dropdown menu vary depending on the field type.
- In the second dropdown menu, set the value(s), based on the targeting rule selected above, that should trigger the dependent field.
- In the third dropdown menu, under then show, select the dependent field that should appear if the criteria is met.
- Click Add.
To add additional dependent fields to this field, click + Add another rule. This allows you to show different fields for different responses.
Dependent fields will appear in the form preview with a dotted line to the field they're dependent on. Click Open dependent fields to view the field.