You can export data for social posts that were published through HubSpot. The data will include:
- All published social posts to date across all your social media accounts.
- The historical performance of your various social posts and accounts.
- The types of social posts that garner the most engagement across all accounts.
To export your social post data:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- In the upper right, click Export. Any account, date range, or campaign filters that have been set on the dashboard will not apply to the export.
- In the dialog box, enter your Email, then click Export.
- You'll receive an email from HubSpot in your inbox. In the email, click Download, then save the file to your device.
- The file will contain a database of all of the social posts you've published through HubSpot to date.
The columns in the file include:
- Status: if your post was published successfully or unsuccessfully.
- Channel: the social network the post was published on.
- Account: the specific social account the post was published to.
- Campaign: the name of the HubSpot campaign the post is associated with.
- Published Message: the content of your post. Here, you can identify common themes, such as words or phrases that get more clicks and interactions.
- Shortened URL: the shortened URL of any link shared within the post.
- Original URL: the original URL of any link shared within the post.
- Clicks: the number of clicks on any link shared within your post.
- Interactions: the number of interactions with your post, such as retweets, likes, and replies.
- Channel-specific interactions: the number of interactions with your post specific to the channel, such as Twitter retweets and LinkedIn comments.
- Publish Time: the date and time the post was published through HubSpot.
- Created Time: the date and time the post was created in HubSpot.