HubSpot has created a WordPress plugin for people who want use WordPress to manage their website, but still want to have easy access to their HubSpot tools.
Primary features of the plugin (for HubSpot customers):
- Installs the HubSpot tracking code on your WordPress site.
- Sets content type for easy filtering in the Page Performance tool.
- Sends meta data for posts (author, publish date, comment count) from WordPress to the Page Performance in HubSpot.
- Tracks the number of WordPress RSS subscribers in HubSpot.
Secondary features (not directly related to HubSpot):
- Allows the creation of calls-to-action (CTA) in WordPress, and lets you insert those CTAs into your blog posts, pages, or widget areas (note that these CTAs are specific to the WP plugin and not related to HubSpot CTAs).
- Allows you to use shortcodes to create a contact page or team page.
- WordPress version 3.0 or higher (but the latest version is recommended).
- The wp_footer function included in your WordPress theme’s footer file.
- SSL enabled on your server and instance of PHP
- Up-to-date list of trusted certificate authorities accessible by your server and PHP.
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard
Sign in to your WordPress website and go to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Go to the "Install Plugin" screen
Hover your mouse cursor over Plugins in the WordPress side menu and then click on the Add New option.
3. Search for the HubSpot plugin
Type "HubSpot" into the search field and click the Search Plugins button to search for the HubSpot plugin.
4. Install the latest version of the "HubSpot for Wordpress" plugin
Click on the Install Now link to install the latest version of the HubSpot for WordPress plugin into your WordPress website.
You may have to confirm that you want to install the plugin. To confirm the plugin installation click the OK button.
5. Activate the plugin
Click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin for your WordPress website.
You'll see a Plugin activated message to confirm that the plugin is active. Next you'll configure the plugin to work with your HubSpot account.
6. Go to the HubSpot WordPress plugin settings
Hover your mouse cursor over HubSpot in the WordPress side menu and then click on the Settings option.
7. Enter your Hub ID and authorize the plugin to access your account
Your Hub ID can be found with the product version at the bottom of your HubSpot Dashboard. Once you've entered it into the plugin settings, click the Click here to authenticate button. You'll be asked to log in to HubSpot and give access.
When you see Revoke access instead of Click here to authenticate, you are done installing the plugin.