HubSpot has created a WordPress plugin for people who want use WordPress to manage their website, but still want to have easy access to their HubSpot tools.
Primary features of the plugin (for HubSpot customers):
- Installs the HubSpot tracking code on your WordPress site.
- Sets content type for easy filtering in the Page Performance tool.
- Sends meta data for posts (author, publish date, comment count) from WordPress to the Page Performance in HubSpot.
- Tracks the number of WordPress RSS subscribers in HubSpot.
- Users who comment on your blog are added to HubSpot as subscribers
There are several other older plugin features that are no longer essential, such as the ability to use shortcodes to embed HubSpot forms and CTAs in Wordpress. These features are no longer required, because HubSpot forms and CTA embed code can be added directly a Wordpress page or post without a shortcode.
- WordPress version 3.0 or higher (but the latest version is recommended).
- The wp_footer function included in your WordPress theme’s footer file. This function is required for our tracking code to be installed on every page of your site.
- Your server and instance of PHP support SSL connections. SSL support is required to send meta data about your posts such as author, comments, and date to HubSpot's Page Performance tool.
- Up-to-date list of trusted certificate authorities accessible by your server and its version of PHP.
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard
Sign in to your WordPress website and go to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Go the "Install Plugin" screen
Hover your mouse cursor over Plugins in the WordPress side menu and then click on the Add New option.
3. Search for the HubSpot plugin
Type "HubSpot" into the search field and click the Search Plugins button to search for the HubSpot plugin.
4. Install the latest version of the "HubSpot for Wordpress" plugin
Click on the Install Now link to install the latest version of the HubSpot for WordPress plugin into your WordPress website.
You may have to confirm that you want to install the plugin. To confirm the plugin installation click the OK button.
5. Activate the plugin
Click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin for your WordPress website.
You'll see a Plugin activated message to confirm that the plugin is active. Next you'll configure the plugin to work with your HubSpot account.
6. Go to the HubSpot WordPress plugin settings
Hover your mouse cursor over HubSpot in the WordPress side menu and then click on the Settings option.
7. Enter your Hub ID and authorize the plugin to access your account
Your Hub ID can be found by clicking the Help icon at the bottom of your HubSpot Dashboard. Once you've entered it into the plugin settings, click the Click here to authenticate button. You'll be asked to log in to HubSpot and give access.
When you see Revoke access instead of Click here to authenticate, you are done installing the plugin.
If you see an error message in either your Wordpress or HubSpot account, follow the troubleshooting instructions listed here.