The HubSpot tracking code allows HubSpot to track visitors to your site and gather traffic analytics in your account. If you're not seeing any website traffic data, verify that the tracking code has been installed and that it's firing correctly:
- Verify your Hub ID by clicking your account name in the top right corner of your account.
- Open a page on your website and right-click anywhere on the page.
- In the dropdown menu, select View page source or View source.
- Use the Ctrl + F or Cmd + F and search for [your Hub ID].js (e.g., 401264.js).
Please note: you may see the HubSpot Embed Code or Async HubSpot Analytics Code; these are both HubSpot tracking codes and indicate that your tracking code has been installed.
If you're using Google Tag Manager, an integration like the HubSpot Wordpress plugin, or another script loader, the tracking code will not appear in the page source.
- If the tracking code appears, verify that the code has been copied and pasted correctly from your Reports & Analytics Tracking settings in your account settings.
If the tracking code does not appear, follow the steps to install the tracking code. If your tracking code appears and has been copied and pasted correctly, verify that it's firing:
- Open a page on your website in your browser and right-click anywhere on the page.
- In the dropdown menu, select Inspect Element or Inspect. A toolbar will appear at the bottom or side of your screen.
- Click the Network tab, then refresh your page.
- Click the Name column to sort the elements alphabetically, then scroll to the top of the list.
- In the Name column, look for [your Hub ID].js (e.g., 401264.js). Under the name, you may see from js.hs-scripts.com and/or an instance of this .js element from js.hs-analytics.com.
- Next to [your Hub ID].js, you should see 304 Not Modified or 200 OK in the Status column.
If the script loader (js.hs-scripts.com) is present, also check for the tracking script (js.hs-analytics.net) to ensure that the code is firing correctly. If you only see the actual tracking script (js.hs-analytics.net) and not the script loader, the tracking code will still fire correctly.
If the HubSpot tracking code is firing on your website pages, but you do not see any new page views or sessions on your dashboard or in the sources report, you may need to change your target domain or add additional domains to your tracking code settings to make sure that HubSpot is gathering analytics from the correct domain or subdomain.