If you have Add and edit users permissions in your HubSpot account, you can create new users and customize their permissions.
Learn how to remove users from the account.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Users & Teams.
- In the upper right, click Create user.
- You can add your users in a few different ways:
- Enter the email addresses into the Add email address(es) field. If you are adding multiple users at the same time, separate email addresses with a space. Then click Next.
- Import users from a CSV file. In Excel, add an Email column with the email addresses of your users, and save the file in a CSV format. Click A CSV file, then drag and drop your .csv file, or click choose file to browse files on your computer. Then click Next.
Please note: only 100 users can be added in a single CSV import. If you are importing more than 100 users, you will need to do multiple imports.
- If you have the Salesforce integration turned on (Professional and Enterprise only), you can import users from Salesforce. Click Salesforce records. By default, all of your Salesforce users will be selected for import. Clear the checkboxes next to any users you do not want to import, then click Next.
Set up user permissions
You can set up the permissions for your new users using templated default permission sets, saved permission sets, or permission sets you start from scratch. If you've added multiple users, the permissions will be set for all selected users.
Please note: if you try to assign a permission set with a paid seat to a user, and don't have any remaining paid seats on your HubSpot account, you will be directed to a checkout page to purchase an additional paid seat.
- In the How do you want to assign permissions to this user? section, to set up user permissions, select one of the following permission set options:
- Start with a default permission set: templated permission sets based on the user’s job.
- Click Next.
- Click the Select template dropdown menu, and click one of the following default permission sets:
- Super admin
- View only
- Standard user
- CMS developer
- Content marketer
- Marketing manager
- Sales manager
- Sales rep
- Service manager
- Service rep
- Use a saved permission set: if you've created permission sets, you can select a permission set for the users you've added to grant them permissions all at once.
- Click the Permission Sets dropdown menu and select a permission set.
- Start from scratch: review the full breakdown of HubSpot's permissions and customize the access for your new users.
- Click Next.
- Review the full breakdown of HubSpot's permissions settings and navigate through each of the tabs to customize the access for your new users. Then, click Next.
Send invite email
- By default, HubSpot sends an invite email to new users with a link to set their password. If the user has already set up a HubSpot password for another account, you can skip sending the welcome email by selecting the Don't send an email invite when this user is added to HubSpot checkbox.
- Review the permissions, then click Send or Add to give the users access to your account.
- If you made changes to the existing permission set or started from scratch, you can save these permissions to assign new and existing users the same access.
- Select the Save as a custom permission set checkbox.
- In the text field, enter a permission set name.
- Click Save.
- If you want to add the user to a primary team, click the Main team dropdown menu and select a team.
- To add the user to additional teams, click the Extra teams dropdown menu and select the checkboxes next to the other teams (Professional and Enterprise only)
- Click Apply.
- Click Done.
- If you have a Starter subscription, click Copy invite link to copy the unique invite link for the user. You can share this link across any messaging channel for your invited user to join your HubSpot account.
The new user will then be sent the welcome email where they can set their password and log in. If the new user doesn't receive a welcome email within five minutes, consult the troubleshooting steps below.
Once a user has been added to an account and they have setup their password, they’re eligible to receive notifications, such as lead assignment notifications. The user can manage their notifications by logging in. After the user logs in, they can also set up their profile.
Troubleshoot a bounced email invite
If you invite a teammate to HubSpot but they can't find the invite email in their inbox, there might be an issue with the email address you entered, or you may need to reach out to your IT team to confirm that emails from HubSpot aren't being blocked.
Try the following troubleshooting steps if the user you invited did not receive the invite email:
- Ask the user to check their Junk or SPAM folder.
- Confirm that you spelled the email address correctly. If the address was entered correctly, ensure that the address has been created and is active.
- Check with your IT team to determine whether a firewall may be active that might be preventing HubSpot emails from being delivered. Learn more about how to set up allowlisting for HubSpot email and IP addresses.
- If the initial delivery attempt for an invitation email fails to be delivered, HubSpot will block the corresponding email address, and you will need to contact HubSpot Support to get help with manually unbouncing the address.
If the invite email was delivered but the user still cannot locate it in their inbox after following the steps above, you can give them account access by sending a reset password email. The new user can also do this directly from the login screen.