Email subscription pages are created as system templates, rather than individual pages. The way they render depends upon the recipient's email preferences. To edit these templates:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- From the left sidebar, click Marketing > Email, then click the Subscriptions tab.
- Select a template to use for each of your subscription pages in the corresponding dropdown menus.
- If you do not have an existing custom template for your pages, click on View template next to the dropdown menu.
- When prompted to clone the template, click Actions > Clone.
- Name your new template under File Name then click Clone.
- To edit the content of your template, click the gear icon > Edit Options.
- Once you have made your changes, click Done.
- Click Publish Changes. The template will now be available to select under Content Settings.
- If you wish to preview the template you just edited, click on the Preview button near the top of the template.
Types of Email Subscription Pages
- Subscription Preference Page - This page features a name and description of each email type defined in under Content > Content Settings > Email under Email Types. Users can choose which type of email communications they'd like to receive from your organization or unsubscribe from all communications on this page.
- Unsubscribe Backup Page - This page is loaded for visitors who aren't recognized in your portal's Contacts database at the time of their visit, and allows visitors to manually enter their information to unsubscribe from future email communications.
- Subscription Update Confirmation Page - This page confirms that our system has received a request to update communication preferences for a visitor. This page is displayed after a user saves their preferences on the subscription preference page, or after the user clicks the Unsubscribe from all emails link from an email they received.