Email subscription pages are created as system templates, rather than individual pages. The way they render depends upon the recipient's email preferences. To edit these templates:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- On the left, click Marketing > Email, then click the Subscriptions tab.
- Select a template to use for each of your subscription pages using the corresponding dropdown menus.
- If you wish to edit your default template in the design manager, click Go to template under the dropdown menu.
- In the banner at the top of the editor in the design manager, click Clone template.
- Give your new template a new file name, then click Clone.
- Make the desired changes to your page styling and default content. You can learn more about editing templates in the design manager here.
- Once you have made your edits, click Publish changes. The template will now be available to select from the dropdown menu in your email settings (above).
Types of Email Subscription Pages
- Subscription Preference Page - This page features a name and description of each subscription type defined in your email settings. Users can choose which type of email communications they'd like to receive from your organization or unsubscribe from all communications on this page.
- Unsubscribe Backup Page - This page is loaded for visitors who aren't recognized in your contacts database in HubSpot at the time of their visit, and allows visitors to manually enter their information to unsubscribe from future email communications.
- Subscription Update Confirmation Page - This page confirms that our system has received a request to update communication preferences for a visitor. This page is displayed after a user saves their preferences on the subscription preference page, or after the user clicks the Unsubscribe from all emails link from an email they received.