The Test contact feature allows you to check if a specific contact will meet your list criteria before you create a list, or check why a particular contact has been included or excluded from your list after it has been created.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click the name of an existing list or create a new list.
- Click the Actions dropdown in the upper right, then select Test a contact
- In the dialog box, search for and select the contact you'd like to test against the list criteria, then click Test.
- You will then see a green box around the contact if they meet the set of criteria, and a red box around the contact if they do not meet the set of criteria.
- If you have multiple sets of criteria (OR rules), a contact who meets any of those sets, even if they do not meet the other sets of criteria, will be considered to meet the list criteria and will be included in the list. Learn more about AND vs OR list criteria.