When editing the language of your sales messages, there are two factors involved: the language you see in your messages tool and the language visitors see in your messages widget when visiting your site.
- Customize the language you see as a user: to change what language your messages tool is in for you as the HubSpot user, see this article for a list of available languages and how to change them.
- Customize the language your visitors see: the language of your messages widget's content that your website visitors see on your site page(s) is determined by individual user settings, individual message settings, and contextual widget data.
Individual user settings
The optional text that a user enters for their Job title, Introduction, and Meetings link text is entirely configurable by the individual user. You can change the text in these fields to any language:
- In your HubSpot Sales Starter or Professional account, navigate to Settings.
- In the left sidebar menu, select Sales > Messages.
- Under the My profile tab, customize the language your text is in for the Job title, Introduction, and Meetings link text fields.
Individual message settings
When editing each message, both the Welcome Message and Offline Message are entirely configurable and can be changed to any language. For this reason, you may want to create separate messages if you have versions of your website in different languages, and set the target audiences accordingly.
To edit an individual message's welcome message and offline message:
- Navigate to Sales Tools > Messages in your HubSpot Sales Starter or Professional account.
- Hover over a message and click Edit.
- Select Message from the left sidebar menu to edit your welcome message, and select Offline Message from the left sidebar menu to edit your offline message. You can enter text for both these messages in any language.
Contextual widget data
The following information is included in your contextual widget data:
- The date and time stamps
- The Send button
- The write a message prompt
- The email address prompt, help text, and confirmation message
These pieces of information are automatically translated into the language your website visitor has set for their system or browser language preferences. Currently, translations are only available in the languages that the HubSpot software is available in: German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese, and English.