How lead revisit notifications work
With the lead revisit alert feature, you can configure your HubSpot account to send you an email when an existing contact visits your website. The email includes a link to the contact's profile page, where you can see a full history of interactions that person has had with your company.
If you have assigned a lead to a specific sales rep within Salesforce, that rep will receive the revisit alert when that particular lead visits the site again.
- Only one alert is sent per contact in a 24-hour period; the visitor may return several times in a single day, but only one alert will be sent.
- Alerts will not be sent for any contacts whose lifecycle stage is Customer.
Below are instructions for setting up lead revisit notification emails in your Marketing Hub account. If you're a Sales Hub user, you can set up real-time lead revisit notifications which will also appear in your activity feed.
Adjust your lead revisit notification settings
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- Click Account Defaults in the left sidebar menu.
- Switch the Lead revisit notifications toggle ON.
Each individual user can adjust their own lead revisit notification preferences. To adjust yours, navigate to your photo or avatar in the upper right-hand corner and select Profile & Preferences. Then click Notifications > Alerts on the left. You'll have the following options:
- No leads - Choose this option to turn revisit notifications off for your user account.
- All leads - Choose this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications for every contact in your contacts database.
- Leads that you own - Choose this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications only for the leads that are assigned to you.
How do I set up lead revisit notifications if I am not integrated with Salesforce?
If your HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce, lead revisit alerts will be delivered to the sales rep assigned to the lead in your Salesforce account. If you are not integrated with Salesforce, you can use the default property, Contact owner, to automatically trigger lead revisit notifications for your users. This property will pull the owner name and email address from the users currently associated with your account.
Assigning a contact owner to a single contact
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of your unassigned contact.
- On the left side of the contact record in the About card, click View all properties.
- Use the search bar to find the Contact owner property. Click into the text box to select an owner for this lead from your account's users.
- Click Save when you're done.
Assigning a contact owner to multiple contacts
To assign owners to your existing contacts, update the Contact owner property for multiple contacts at a time using a workflow or by manually editing contacts' contact owner. To set up owner assignment rules for future contacts, you can also use a workflow or add a hidden field to forms.
Customize your lead revisit notification settings
Once you have assigned owners to your contacts, have your users set up their lead revisit notifications to receive alerts when their leads revisit your website.