How lead revisit notifications work
With the lead revisit alert feature, you can configure your HubSpot account to send you an email when an existing contact visits your website. The email includes a link to the contact's profile page, where you can see a full history of interactions that person has had with your company.
If you have assigned a lead to a specific sales rep within Salesforce, that rep will receive the revisit alert when that particular lead visits the site again.
Please be aware of the following:
- Only one alert is sent per contact in a 24-hour period; the visitor may return several times in a single day, but only one alert will be sent.
- Alerts will not be sent for any contacts whose lifecycle stage is Customer.
Below are instructions for setting up lead revisit notification emails in your Marketing account. If you're a HubSpot Sales user, you can set up real-time lead revisit notifications which will also appear in your activity feed. Learn more here.
How to adjust your own lead revisit notification settings
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- Click Notifications > Alerts in the left sidebar menu.
- Select whether you'd like to receive lead revisit notifications. You can choose to receive notifications for all contacts in your team's account or only for contacts for which you are assigned as the HubSpot owner.
You'll have the option to enable revisit notifications for:
- No leads - Choose this option to turn revisit notifications off for your user account.
- All leads - Choose this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications for every contact in your contacts database.
- Leads that you own - Choose this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications only for the leads that are assigned to you.