Lead revisit alerts make connecting with leads easier. When a lead returns to your site, HubSpot will notify you so you can take action.
Please note: you must be a user in Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise account to receive lead revisit notifications via email. All users can receive lead revisit notifications via the sales email extension and view these notifications in the activity feed.
How lead revisit notifications work
With the lead revisit feature, you can receive an email in your inbox, an alert in your notification center, or real-time alert via the sales extension when an existing contact visits your website. The notifications include a link to the contact's profile page, where you can see a full history of interactions that person has had with your company.
If you assigned a lead to a specific sales rep in Salesforce, that rep will receive the revisit alert when that lead visits the site again.
If you choose to receive notifications for all leads or all of the leads you own, you will receive a revisit alert for all contacts except the following:
- Contacts visiting your site for the first time.
- Contacts for whom you've received a lead revisit notification in the past 24 hours.
- Contacts that you do not own (if you're only tracking leads that you own).
- Contacts revisiting your site with a lifecycle stage of Customer. Notifications will still be sent for contacts with all other lifecycle stages, including Evangelist and Other.
The email notification you receive will list your lead's information and the domain that they've visited.
Please note: if the specific page they visited has a unique canonical URL that has a different domain than the domain in its visible URL, the domain in the canonical URL will be displayed in the email instead.
Customize your lead revisit notification settings
Select the leads you want to track and how you want to be notified when a lead revisits your website.
Please note: each individual user must set their own lead revisit notification preferences. An admin or other user cannot adjust their team member's preferences.
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.
- In the Website visits section, select the radio button next to the leads you want to track.
- All leads: select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications for every contact in your account.
- Leads that you own: select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications only for the leads that are assigned to you.
- Decide how you want to be notified when a lead revisits your site, then select the checkbox(es) next to the notification type.
Depending on your lead revisit notification preferences, you can check your email or view your lead revisit activity in the activity feed. You can also view your lead revisit notifications in the in-app notification center:
- In your HubSpot account, click the notifications icon notification in the main navigation bar.
- To filter your notifications by lead revisit alerts, click the Filter dropdown menu and select the checkbox next to Lead Revisit.
- Click Filter.
Please note: if you are not a HubSpot user and no longer want to receive lead revisit notifications, open an old lead revisit notification email and click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message.
If you are a lead owner in Salesforce, you will need to unsubscribe after you receive your first email. There is no option to unsubscribe before the first email is received.
If you're tracking prospects, you can receive notifications based on a saved view in the prospects tool. You can enable prospect notifications in the prospects tool, then manage your notification preferences by selecting the checkbox(es) next to the notification type you want to receive for that view.
Set up lead revisit notifications without using the Salesforce integration
If your HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce, lead revisit alerts will be delivered to the sales rep assigned to the lead in your Salesforce account. If you are not integrated with Salesforce, you can use the default property, Contact owner, to automatically trigger lead revisit notifications for your users. This property will pull the owner name and email address from the users in your account.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of your unassigned contact.
- In left panel in the About section, click View all properties.
- Use the search bar to locate the contact owner property. Hover over the owner property and click the pencil icon edit, then select an owner from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
To assign owners to multiple contacts at a time, use a workflow or bulk edit the records from the contacts dashboard. To set up owner assignment rules for future contacts, you can also use a workflow.