If you need to store additional information about your products, you can create custom product properties. With custom properties, you can catalog your products and services, and use the properties for more detailed reporting on your deals.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- In the upper right, click Create property. Then in the right panel, set up your property:
- Object type: select the object type that the property will be for.
- Group: select the property group the property should belong to.
- Label: enter text to name the property.
- Description: enter text to describe the property.
- Click Next.
- Click the Field type dropdown menu and select a field type for the property. Learn more about setting up your custom property's field type.
- In the bottom right, click Create.
After creating a custom property for your product, it will appear in the product library when you create or edit a product. When you associate a product to a deal, you can use the custom product property to segment your deals. You can use the custom property in your reports, including in a cross-object report on your deals and products.