In contact-based workflows, you can use the Wait until event happens workflow delay to pause contacts until a specified event occurs. For example, delay a contact until they visit a page or fill out a form.
To add this type of delay to your workflow:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of a workflow.
- In the workflow editor, click the plus icon + to add a workflow action.
- In the right panel, select Wait until event happens.
- Click the Event dropdown menu and select the event that will release contacts from the delay:
- To delay contacts until they visit one of your pages, select Page visited. Then, to choose from your HubSpot pages, select Page. Or, to use a specific page URL, click URL. Then select the page or URL.
- To delay contacts until they fill out a form, select Form submitted. Then select whether contacts will be delayed until they fill out any form on a specific Page or URL, or until they fill out a specific Form on any page. Then select the page, URL, or form.
- After selecting the delay event, use the Days, Hours, and Minutes fields to set the maximum amount of time that a contact will wait until being released from the delay. If a contact doesn't meet the Event criteria, they will be released from the delay at the end of the Wait up to period.
- Click Save.