In the content strategy tool, a topic cluster is an overall grouping of a core topic (pillar page), subtopic, and linked content that helps establish authority for a specific topic. Follow the instructions below to learn the basic topic cluster setup process.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Strategy.
- At the top right-hand side, click Create a topic cluster.
- Enter a core topic into the Core topic bubble > hit Enter on your keyboard to save your core topic.
- Or, to use a suggested core topic from the left side menu, hover over that suggested topic and click Add.
- Attach a pillar page to your core topic from the left side menu.
- Or, you can click Attach other content if you don't see the pillar page from your list of options. From here, you can search for other pages or create a new pillar page for your topic.
- Click into the individual Subtopic bubbles to either manually type in a new subtopic.
- Or, click Add from the options provided in the left side menu to use a suggested subtopic.
- Click on an individual subtopic bubble and choose the relevant blog post from the left side menu to Attach to your content.