Follow along with the video or written instructions below to edit a menu within an Advanced Menu module. To learn how you can edit a Simple Menu module, please click here.
In order to make edits to your menu, you'll first need to determine which menu is being used on your page (if you know which menu is being applied, you can skip to the instructions to edit your menu items).
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Landing Pages or Website Pages.
- Find the page on which you'd like to edit the menu and click the gear icon to the right, then select Edit.
- Click the Settings tab at the top of the editor, then scroll down to Template Options and click the Edit Template button. If you're editing a menu on your blog, navigate to Content > Blog > More tools > Manage blog template to access the appropriate template.
- When you have arrived at your template, locate the Advanced Menu module (Note: Your menu may be within a global group in your header or footer. If this is the case, click the gear to the right of your global group and select Edit Global Group to access the group's modules).
- Click the gear icon to the right of the Advanced Menu module and select Edit Options.
- Scroll down to the Menu section and take note of the menu that's set in the dropdown.
- Navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- Under Marketing in the left sidebar menu, click Web pages.
- Click the Advanced Menus tab.
- Click the dropdown menu and select the menu that's being applied to your template. If you'd like to clone and edit an existing menu, select the menu from the dropdown menu, then click the Actions dropdown menu to the right, and select Clone.
- Once you've selected your menu, edit it as needed:
- Drag and drop menu items to reorder them.
- Click on a label to change what visitors will see on your site.
- If a menu item directs visitors to a HubSpot page, you can click the dropdown menu to change the destination to a different page. If a menu item goes to a URL link, click the URL destination, then make edits in the field as needed.
- You can change the type of destination for a menu item by hovering over it, clicking the Actions dropdown menu, and selecting one of the Replace with options.
- Add a new item by hovering over an existing menu item, clicking the Actions dropdown menu, and selecting Add item below. You can also add a menu item by clicking the plus icon between or below existing items.
- Once you've made your edits, click Publish. Your changes will be automatically applied wherever this menu appears.