In HubSpot, you can send notifications when a contact submits one of your HubSpot forms. If a contact has previously submitted any other form on your website, the submission notification will indicate a contact reconversion so that you can identify contacts who have repeatedly engaged with your content.
- Set default recipients
- Customize recipients on individual HubSpot pages (Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise only)
- Subscribe to form submission notifications
- Not receiving form submission notifications
Set default recipients
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of your form.
- Click the Options tab.
- Enter the email address(es) of the notifications recipients in the Send submission notifications to field. You can also select teams here.
Customize recipients on individual HubSpot pages (Marketing Hub Legacy Basic, Professional, or Enterprise only)
If your form appears on multiple HubSpot pages, you can override the form default recipients and set specific recipients for submissions on a particular page.
Please note: if you choose to override the form default recipients, they will not receive notifications for form submissions on the page unless you manually add them in the form module setting on the page.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your landing pages or website pages.
- Click the name of a page.
- In the content editor, click the form module.
- In the left pane, Form submission notifications section, select the Send form notifications to specified email addresses instead of the form defaults checkbox.
- Click the Select an email address dropdown menu and select a HubSpot user's email address, or enter an email address.
Subscribe to form submission notifications
To receive form submission notifications yourself, subscribe to notifications in your profile & preferences.
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications.
- Click the Email, Desktop, and Other apps tabs to configure your notification by device type.
- In Form Submissions, select the checkbox next to the notification you want to allow.
Not receiving form submission notifications
If you're subscribed to form submission notifications and your email address has been added as a notification recipient, but you're not receiving notifications:
- Check your spam/junk folder and any mail filters you have set up.
- Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or as contacts in your email client.
Form submission notification emails will not be sent if a visitor does not provide an email address in the default Email form field and does not have associated tracking cookies.
If you're using a distribution list (such as email@example.com) as the notification address, it's possible that one of the members of that list unsubscribed from a form notification email. When one of the list's members unsubscribes from form notification emails, it will unsubscribe all members of that list. In order for notifications to be delivered to that list again, you will need to resubscribe to email notifications from a past notification email.