Once you’ve connected the Slack app to your HubSpot account, you can receive user notifications as Slack messages. User notifications will be sent to the HubSpot app in Slack by default.
Receive HubSpot notifications
When the Slack app is connected, you will receive user notifications and incoming conversations inbox notifications as Slack messages by default. Send Slack notifications to a specific channel with the workflows tool.
Please note: if you're sending notifications to a private Slack channel, you need to invite the HubSpot app to that channel. After selecting the channel, @HubSpot in the channel so your notifications come through.
The following HubSpot notifications will be sent as direct messages to Slack from the HubSpot app in Slack:
- View (i.e. document view)
Please note: you'll automatically receive your HubSpot notifications within Slack if your HubSpot user email matches that of your Slack user. Learn what to do if your HubSpot user email doesn't match your Slack user email.
To disable all notifications, a notification type, or specific notifications from being sent to Slack:
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > Other apps.
- Click to toggle the Slack switch off to disable all HubSpot notifications in Slack.
If your account has a HubSpot Sales Hub Starter or Professional subscription, you can also receive notifications about incoming live chats from the messages tool in a dedicated Slack channel and chat with visitors directly through a Slack thread. Learn more about integrating Slack with your conversations inbox.
If you're a Sales HubStarter or Professional user, you can also receive notifications about incoming live chats in a dedicated Slack channel, and chat with visitors directly through a Slack thread. Notifications will be sent to a designated Slack channel when you receive a new message. You can set the Slack channel in your inbox settings.
The notification sent to Slack contains key information about the conversation:
- The initial message.
- The status of the conversation.
- The page chatted from.
- Who the conversation is assigned to.
- The HubSpot owner of the contact if known.
Click Reply in Inbox to access the conversation in HubSpot. Alternatively, you can reply via the Slack thread. The whole conversation will still be logged in the inbox.
If you're assigned a conversation before you've mapped your HubSpot user email to your Slack user email, you must claim the HubSpot user identity in Slack by clicking Claim [user email address] before sending replies.
You can also change your availability status directly within your integrated Slack channel.
- To set yourself as away, type the command /hs-chat-away, then hit the Enter key.
- To set yourself as available, type the command /hs-chat-available, then hit the Enter key.
Receive calls notifications in your dedicated Slack channel. When a call begins, a Slack notification will be pushed to your channel. When the call ends and the call type, call outcome and notes are added, the notification will be updated in your channel.
Company and contact note notifications
You can also receive notifications when you create contacts and companies in your dedicated Slack channel. When you create a note for a contact or deal, then associate it with a company, a Slack notification will be pushed to your channel.
Send Slack notifications through workflows (Professional and Enterprise only)
You can send notifications to Slack channels or users via an action in contact-based workflows, company-based workflows, deal-based workflows, ticket-based workflows, and quote-based workflows.
Learn more about creating workflows.
Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users have access to the Send a Slack notification action in company-based workflows only.
Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise users have access to the Send a Slack notification action in company-based, deal-based and quote-based workflows only.
Services Hub Professional and Enterprise users have access to the Send a Slack notification action in company-based and ticket-based workflows only.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow.
- Select Company-based, Deal-based, Ticket-based, or Quote-based as your workflow type, then click Create workflow.
- Click the add icon to add a workflow action. In the right panel, select Send a Slack notification.
- Click the Send notification to dropdown menu and select a Slack user or channel to send the notification to.
- In the Message text box, enter the notification message. Deal tokens can be added here.
- Click the Properties to include with message dropdown menu and select the deal properties you want to include in the notification message (optional).
- When you're done, click Save.
- When a record is enrolled in the workflow and the action is executed, the notification will be sent to the selected Slack user or channel.