Connect the Slack app to HubSpot to manage records and receive HubSpot notifications in Slack. Follow the steps below to integrate HubSpot and Slack, then learn more about using the Slack integration.
- You must be a Super Admin or have App Marketplace permissions in your HubSpot account.
- You must be an administrator for the Slack workspace you want to install the integration to. If you're not a Slack administrator, you will need to contact your Slack administrator to give you access.
- Your HubSpot email must match your Slack user email.
If you've already integrated Slack with your conversations inbox, you don't need to connect the integration again.
Set up the Slack integration
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar, then select App Marketplace.
- Search for the Slack integration, and select Slack in the results. In the top right, click Connect app.
- You'll be redirected to Slack in a new browser tab. Review the requested permissions, then click Allow.
- Access to public and private channel content is requested in order to support live chat with website visitors.
- Slack member information is requested to associate actions in Slack to the correct HubSpot user in your portal.
- The HubSpot app in Slack uses reactions to provide message status context for the live chat feature in the conversations tool.
Once you’ve approved the requested permissions, you'll be redirected back to HubSpot. You'll also receive an email from Slack confirming that you've installed the HubSpot app for your Slack workspace.
You can also connect the Slack integration from your conversations settings:
In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Inbox.
- In the bottom-left corner, click Inbox Settings, then select Slack.
- In the Slack Integration section, click Connect account.
- In the dialog box, click Connect to Slack.
- On the next screen, click Authorize to allow HubSpot to access your Slack account.
- In your Slack settings in HubSpot, click the Select channel dropdown menu to select a Slack channel where you want new conversations to be sent.
- To disconnect Slack from your messages, click Disconnect from Slack.
If the Slack integration disconnects unexpectedly, it's likely because the app/integration was manually removed by a user within Slack. To prevent the integration from being disconnected, enable the Approved Apps setting in Slack. This keeps non-administrators from removing the HubSpot app from within the Slack workspace.
Map HubSpot and Slack email addresses
If your HubSpot user email doesn't match your Slack user email, you'll receive an email and an in-app notification to Map your HubSpot user's email address to your Slack user when HubSpot attempts to push a notification to Slack.
- In the email you receive, click View in HubSpot.
- You'll be redirected to the Integrations settings tab of the specific notification type that couldn't be pushed to Slack in a new browser tab or window. Hover over the warning icon next to Slack in the upper right, then click Click here to map emails.
- In the dialog box, enter your Slack email address, then click Verify in Slack.
- A modal will prompt you to confirm your email in Slack within the next 24 hours. Click Done and navigate to Slack.
- In Slack, you'll receive an instant message from the HubSpot app to confirm that you want to map your HubSpot user to your Slack user. Click Verify to proceed.
- You'll be brought to the integrations settings for the notification type in HubSpot. In the dialog box, click Done to finish.