Rich text modules support multiple types of content, including text, images, and links. The Blog content module for blog posts and Main email body module for marketing emails are both rich text modules.
Developers can also add rich text modules to custom-coded templates, then customize their editing options.
In the content editor or updated classic email editor, click a rich text module to activate the rich text toolbar at the top of the editor. You can also access a limited version of the rich text toolbar in the knowledge base article editor.
The icons and dropdown menus in the upper left of the toolbar control the styling and formatting options of your text.
- To adjust the style, font, or font size of your text, click the dropdown menus in the upper left of the toolbar.
- To adjust text formatting or alignment, or insert a bulleted or numbered list, click the icons in the middle section of the toolbar.
- To access more formatting options such as strikethrough, superscript, and subscript, click the More dropdown menu.
The icons and dropdown menus in the upper right of the toolbar add more elements to your content.
- To add links, images, or emojis to your content, click the icons in the upper right.
- To add CTAs, video, tables, icons, or embed code to your content, click the Insert menu in the upper right. You can also add special characters, horizontal lines, anchors, or non-breaking spaces.
- In the updated classic email editor, to personalize your content, click the Personalize dropdown menu and select a personalization token that will populate with values from your visitors' associated records.
- To access the source code of the module, click the Advanced dropdown menu, then select Source code. Since not all HTML is supported in the rich text editor, use a coded module to add complex HTML to your page.
Please note: source code access is not available for rich text modules on landing pages built with starter templates.
When typing in the editor, press Enter or Return to create a paragraph break. To input text on a new line without breaking the paragraph, type Shift + Enter. The editor also supports simple keyboard shortcuts, including copy (Control/Command + C), paste (Control/Command + V), and undo (Control/Command + Z).
After adding image or video content, click that element to see additional formatting options. To resize an image inline, click and drag a corner of your selected image. Learn more about formatting images in the rich text editor.