Adding links to your social media accounts is easy with HubSpot's follow me module. The follow me module supports links to:
- Twitter accounts
- Facebook pages - business and personal (if enabled)
- LinkedIn pages - company pages, groups, and personal (if enabled)
- Google+ pages
- Pinterest pages
- YouTube channels
- Xing pages
- Your Blog's RSS feed
- Any other URL
Keep in mind that while the follow me module is a great way to increase your reach on social media sites, the social sharing module is better for generating Inbound traffic, because it encourages and allows visitors to share your pages.To add one of your connected social media accounts to the follow me module:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Social > Social Settings.
- Click the Follow Me tab.
- Click Add account and select a network from the dropdown then select your account.
- For Pinterest, YouTube, your Blog RSS feed, or any other URL, click Link in the dropdown and enter in a URL.
- Once added, you'll see the social account in the Preview section.
Once you have added some of your social media accounts, you can add the follow me module to any of your COS templates. You can also grab the embed code from the follow me module and embed the icons on your external website.
To add the Follow Me Module to your COS template:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Design Manager > Template Builder.
- Click the template that you would like to add the follow me module to.
- Click Add Row.
- Click the gear icon on the newly added module > click Swap Module.
- Choose Follow Me > click Select.
- Drag the follow me module to where you would like it to render on your template's layout.
- Choose Update.
You are now ready to create new pages with the template that you have created, using the follow me module.