Adding links to your Social Media accounts is easy with HubSpot's Follow Me module. The Follow Me module supports links to:
- Twitter accounts
- Facebook pages -- business and personal (if enabled)
- LinkedIn pages -- company pages, groups, and personal (if enabled)
- Google+ pages
- Pinterest pages
- YouTube channels
- Xing pages
- Your Blog's RSS feed
- Any other URL
- To add one of your connected social media accounts to the Follow Me Module, navigate to Social > Social Settings > Follow Me.
- For any of your connected and enabled accounts (you need to enable personal accounts in Social > Social Settings to be able to use them in your Follow Me Module) you can check the checkbox to add that account to your Follow Me Module.
- For Pintrest, YouTube, your Blog RSS feed, or any other URL, type in your URL in the Additional Links section and click Add.
- Once added, you'll see the social account enabled right underneath Additional Links where you can choose to disable or remove that link.
Once you have enabled some of your Social Media Accounts, you can add the Follow Me Module to any of your COS templates. Or you can grab the embed code from the Follow Me Module and embed the icons on your external website.
To add the Follow Me Module to your COS template:
- Navigate to Design Manager > Template Builder.
- Click the template that you would like to add the Follow Me Module to.
- Click Add Row.
- Click the Gear Icon on the newly added module > click Swap Moddule.
- Choose Follow Me > click Select.
- Drag the Follow Me Module to where you would like it to render on your Template's layout.
- Choose Update.
You are now ready to create new pages with the template that you have created, using the Follow Me module. Keep in mind that while the Follow Me Module is a great way to increase your Reach on Social Media sites, the Social Sharing Module is better for generating Inbound traffic, because it encourages and allows visitors to share your pages.