You can change the domain used for your HubSpot content by adding it to your domain manager, then setting it as the new primary domain for your content. Additionally, Marketing Enterprise users can select different domains for individual blogs, website pages, and landing pages.
This article covers:
- Domain manager changes
- Target domains and analytics
- Page-level domain changes (Marketing Enterprise users)
First, move your content to the new domain in your domain manager:
In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
Click Domains & URLs in the left sidebar menu.
Click the Domains tab to access your domain manager.
In your domain manager, click Connect domain.
- Under How do you want to use this domain? select the Have it redirect to this domain: radio button and select your current primary domain from the dropdown menu.
- Click Connect domain at the bottom.
- Update your DNS records to complete taking your domain live with HubSpot.
- Once you've set up the CNAME in your DNS records, navigate back to your domain manager and click Edit next to your new domain.
- Check the boxes beside the tools you'd like to set your domain as primary for and click Save changes.
Please note: be sure to review your existing live content to see if any redirects need to be created.
Previous website visits to the old domain will still appear in your analytics in HubSpot, and you'll be able to view the old URLs in your page performance data. The visit data will remain in your sources report. However, you will no longer be able to sort your visits by your old domain if it is no longer a primary domain in your domain manager.
If you're a Marketing Enterprise user, you can select different primary domains for your blogs, website pages, and landing pages:
Select different domains for your blogs
If you have multiple blogs in HubSpot and would like to host them on different domains:
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
- On the left, click Marketing > Blog.
- Choose a blog from the Select a blog to modify dropdown menu.
- Once you have selected a blog, under the General tab, select a new domain from the Blog root URL dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
Select different domains for your website pages and landing pages
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Content > Website Pages or Landing Pages.
- Hover over a page and click Edit.
- Click the Settings tab at the top of the page editor.
- Click the pencil icon below Page URL. Then select a new domain from the dropdown menu.
- Click Update in the upper right-hand corner to make this change live. Repeat these steps for all landing pages and website pages you would like to change domains for.