A primary domain is the default host for a type of content in Hubspot. You can change your primary domain to any other domain connected to HubSpot, including redirect domains.
When you create a primary domain for the first time, all hosted content will be transferred to that domain. For example, if you had website pages hosted on a system domain and you create a primary domain for website pages, all types of content will be transferred to your new primary domain.
Please note: a paid Marketing Hub subscription is required to change the primary domain for landing pages.
To move a content type to a new primary subdomain or top-level domain:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Website > Domains & URLs.
- If the domain you want to use as a primary domain is not connected, connect the domain as a redirect domain.
- Once the new domain has been connected, you can use it as a primary domain. In the Primary domains section, click the Edit dropdown menu for the content type whose primary domain you are replacing, then select Replace primary domain.
- In the dialog box, click the Select a new primary domain dropdown menu and select the domain, then click Replace primary domain.
Please note: When you replace a primary domain, whether or not URL redirects are created depends on your domain configuration:
- If the previous primary domain is no longer used as a primary or secondary domain, it will become a redirect domain. Redirects will be created from URLs on this domain to the new primary domain.
- If the previous primary domain is still used as a primary or secondary domain for other content, redirects will not be created. Learn more about manually creating URL redirects.
If you are switching to a primary domain that uses a new brand domain, you will need to replace your brand domain before switching the brand domain.
Domains & URLs