While it is possible to change the domain being used for your HubSpot content, it is not recommended for SEO reasons unless the old domain can continue to be re-directed via a 301 to HubSpot's servers. If the old domain remains connected to HubSpot in your Domain Manager and will not be used for new content, HubSpot will automatically set up a permanent redirect to the new domain.
Please follow the steps detailed below to change your domain.
- Navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- Click on Domain Manager in the left sidebar menu under Content Optimization System Tools.
- Add your new domain by clicking on the Connect another COS domain button.
- Under What do you want to use this domain for? select Nothing. Redirect to: and choose your primary domain from the dropdown, then click Connect domain.
- Follow the instructions here to go live with this domain and add the CNAME record to your DNS provider records.
- Once you've set up the CNAME record with your DNS provider, navigate back to the Domain Manager and click Edit next to your new domain.
- Choose the tools for which you'd like to set your domain as primary and click Save changes.
This will set up an automatic redirect from the domain that was previously the primary domain for the content tool(s) you've selected.
Additionally, you may need to update the Target Domain for your account by navigating to Reports > Reports Settings, clicking on Domains, and editing the Target Domain. Click Save once the change has been made. You can read more about these changes and other steps to consider here.
Previous website visits to the old domain will still appear in your analytics in HubSpot. You will still be able to view the old URLs in Page Performance and the visit data will remain in your Sources report; however, you will no longer be able to sort your visits by your old domain if it is no longer primary in Domain Manager.