Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users can conduct A/B testing on a landing page. With the addition of a CMS subscription, users can also A/B test website pages. To run a test, create a new page and then create a variation to test one change in the page's layout or content. The same page URL will load a random variation so you can compare engagement on both versions.
To run an A/B test on a page:
- Create a new page. This is the control version of your page, and most of the elements will be repeated on your variation.
- In your landing pages or website pages dashboard, hover over the page and click the More dropdown menu, then select Create A/B Variant.
- Enter a name for the variation, then click OK. You'll load a clone of your original page.
- Offers - experiment with the medium of the offer. You might test an ebook versus a whitepaper or video.
- Copy - experiment with the formatting and style of the content. You could test plain paragraphs versus bullet points or a longer block of text vs a shorter block of text.
- Image - try out different images to see how the conversion rate is influenced.
- Form fields - experiment with the length of the form. Should your form only request an email address or should it ask for more information?
- Use the Date range and Frequency dropdown menus to analyze data for a specific time range.
- Click the column headers to re-order the results by a specific metric.
- Choose a variation as the winner of the test and stop displaying the other variation by selecting Choose as winner.
Please note: if you rerun a variation from an A/B test, the variation will be published immediately.