You can create a new drag and drop email template using the design manager tool. Before designing your email template, it's important to plan your content so you can add the modules you need. If you're looking for design inspiration, you can explore examples on our marketing blog.
Create a new email template in HubSpot
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- In the upper left, click File > New file.
- In the dialog box, select Drag and drop.
- Click the Template type dropdown and select Email.
- Enter a file name and review the File location where this file will be saved. Click Change to save your new template in a different folder.
- Click Create.
The following modules will be included in your drag and drop email template by default:
- View as Web Page: generates a link to a web page version of the email.
- Logo: pulls the logo set up in your content settings.
- Main Email Body: rich text module for the main content of your email.
- Office Location Information: populates the email footer information (company address and subscription links) from your content settings. This module is required in order to save an email template.
Customize your template
If no specific modules are selected, you can add styling to the head of the template itself in the inspector. Click a module or group to access styling options specific to that component.
Preview your template
- In the top right, click Preview to preview what your email will look like to your contacts.
- If you select Live preview with display options, you can view your preview as it appears on other devices.
- Use the arrow buttons to specify a custom screen size, and use the options in the top right to adjust the zoom and rotation of the screen.