With the HubSpot mobile app for Android, you can scan your business cards into your device to create contacts.
Please note: the business card scanning feature is currently not available in the HubSpot mobile app for iOS.
- In your app, navigate to Contacts. Then click the + icon.
- Select Scan business card.
- Hover your device over the business card. HubSpot will automatically detect the edges of the card and take a photo.
- The photo of the business card will be turned into a contact in your database. Click Save.
Here are some scanning best practices to keep in mind when adding contacts from business cards:
- Ensure there isn't any severe glare on the card.
- Ensure the card isn't too blurry when the camera attempts to read it.
- Ensure there's adequate lighting.
Please note: if the card has a similar background color to the text displayed on it, the reader might find this difficult to distinguish.