You may encounter the following error message when attempting to install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in:
Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for Sidekick for Outlook or its location is not trusted.
To resolve this error:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the settings icon settings in the upper right corner of the browser window, then select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, then click Trusted Sites.
- Click Sites.
- In the Add this website to the zone field, enter https://dl.getsidekick.com, then click Add.
- Download and run the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in installer again.
- If the error persists, try the following steps. You may require your IT team's assistance.
- Check out Microsoft's documentation in the Enabling the ClickOnce Trust Prompt section to manually fix your registry.
- Access your registry editor and go to the following folder:
- Right-click the DisableCachingOfSSLPages key, and then, click Modify.
- Set the Value data to 00000000 and click OK.