When blog auto-publishing is enabled, a social post with a link to your blog content will be published on your social accounts when you publish a new blog post. These social posts include the blog post title, meta description, link, and featured image, and are published 15 minutes after the blog post is published.
Please note: blog auto-publishing is not available for Instagram accounts because links are not allowed on Instagram posts. Unpublishing and republishing a blog post won't re-publish the post to your social media accounts.
Set up blog auto-publishing
- In the accounts table, click Enable in the Blog auto-publish column next to your social account.
- In the dialog box, click the Select a blog dropdown menu and select one or more blog(s).
- Click Submit.
- On August 1, 2018, Facebook will no longer support third-party applications posting to personal Facebook accounts. As a result, HubSpot will no longer allow posts to be published or scheduled to personal Facebook accounts, and they will not show up in the social composer.
- You can only enable blog auto-publishing for one Twitter account per blog. For example, if you have two Twitter accounts connected in your HubSpot account, you cannot set them both up to auto-publish for the same blog.
Preview and customize your auto-publish social posts
After you've set up blog auto-publishing for your respective blogs and social accounts, you can preview and customize the social posts that will be auto-published to your social accounts for each individual blog post.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Blog.
- Click the name of an existing draft blog post.
- In the post editor, click the Publish or schedule tab.
- In the Social auto-publishing section, click Preview.
- In the right pane, the social post(s) to be auto-published will be populated with the blog post title, meta description, and featured image. A shortened link to the blog post will be generated and appended at the end of the social post after the blog post is published.
- Click into the post content to make any edits if needed.
- When you're done previewing or customizing your social posts, click Save at the bottom left.
- In the post editor, click Publish or Schedule at the upper right to publish your blog post immediately or schedule it for publishing at a later date and time.
- The social posts will be auto-published 15 minutes after the blog post is published. If you unpublish the blog post within the 15 minutes, the social posts will not be published.