Enabling Auto-publish in Social Settings will automatically post your blog content to your social platforms the next time you publish content to your HubSpot blog. The content published to your social media platforms includes the blog title, blog featured image, and blog meta description. This is currently only available for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ business pages. Social posts will be published 15 minutes after the blog post is published.
If your blog is hosted on the HubSpot COS Blog tool, you will need to also enable the feature for each blog:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Content Settings.
- Click Blog in the left sidebar menu.
- Select the checkbox next to Enable Social Media Auto-Publishing.
- Click Save changes.
- If you have multiple blogs for which you'd like to enable social media auto-publishing, scroll back up to the top, choose another blog from the dropdown, then repeat the steps above.
Please note that if you have enabled social media auto-publishing for multiple blogs, it is not possible to specify which connected social media accounts get posted to for each blog. When a blog post is published on any blog with social media auto-publishing enabled, a message will be posted to each social media account that has auto-publish set to On in your Social Settings.
You can also set a unique message that will be auto-published to social media channels for each individual blog posts within the post's editor:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Blog.
- Find and edit an existing draft post or click Write new blog post.
- Go to the Settings Tab and scroll down to Advanced Options.
- Under Social Publishing, edit the message under Social Media Message Text. If left blank, the social message will simply use the blog post title.
- You will be able to use the post's featured image and attach it to Twitter.
- When ready, click on Schedule or Publish.