Enable the web version of your marketing email to automatically generate a web page using the contents of the email.
Enable and configure the web version of your email
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Hover over your marketing email and click Edit.
- In the content editor, click the Settings tab.
- Click > Advanced settings to expand the section.
- Click to toggle the Web version switch on. Next, customize the following settings:
- Page title: the text of the web version that appears in the browser title bar and in search results.
- Page URL: the URL of the web version. Click the domain dropdown menu to select a connected domain. In the text field, enter the page slug. Use only a "/" to publish to the home page of the domain.
- Meta description: the meta description of the web version.
- (Optional) Expire page on a specific date: select the Expire page on a specific date checkbox if you want to redirect the web version of the email to a HubSpot page or external URL at a scheduled date and time.
- To edit the text that appears in the email that directs recipients to the web version of the email, click Edit web version contents. The email template will open in the design manager in a new browser tab or window. In the template editor, click the View As Web Page module and edit the Default content in the module inspector.
Please note: the email's web version URL will not work when your email is still a draft. The URL will lead to a live page after your email is sent.
'You need to include a web version module in your template to create a web version of this email.'
If you don't see the Web version switch in the email advanced settings, and see the message You need to include a web version module in your template to create a web version of this email, add the View As Web Page module to the email template.
- In the Template section, hover over the template thumbnail and click Edit template.
- The email template will open in the design manager in a new browser tab or window. Search for the View As Web Page module and add it to the template.
- In the upper right, click Publish changes to take the template changes live.