What does the plugin do?
- Installs the HubSpot tracking code on your WordPress site.
- Sets content type for filtering between pages and posts in the page performance tool.
- Creates contacts with Lifecycle Stage of Subscriber when non-HubSpot forms are filled out on the site.
- You must have WordPress version 3.0 or higher installed on your sever (the latest version is recommended).
- The wp_footer function must be included in your WordPress theme’s footer file (footer.php). This function is required for our tracking code to be installed on every page of your site.
- You must be a WordPress admin to be able to install plugins for your site. If you are not the admin, you can forward these instructions to the person who manages your WordPress install.
Follow these instructions to install the HubSpot Tracking Code for WordPress plugin to begin tracking your WordPress site analytics in HubSpot.
Log in to your WordPress account
Log in to your WordPress instance. You can generally access the login screen by adding /wp-admin to your URL.
Add new plugin
Hover over the Plugins menu item in the WordPress side menu and then click on the Add New option.
Search for the HubSpot plugin
Type "HubSpot Tracking Code" into the search field and click the Search Plugins button to search for the HubSpot plugin.
Install the plugin
Click Install Now to install the latest version of the HubSpot Tracking Code for WordPress plugin into your WordPress website.
Activate the plugin
Click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin for your WordPress website.
You'll see a Plugin activated message to confirm that the plugin is active. Next you'll configure the plugin to work with your HubSpot account.
Edit plugin settings
Hover over the Settings menu item in the WordPress side menu and click the HubSpot Settings option.
Enter your Hub ID
Enter your Hub ID and click Save Settings.
Verify the tracking code
To verify that the tracking code is working, follow these steps.